Monday, March 29, 2010

Sarah - 2 Months

Sarah is 2 months old today! She has been growing steadily, although she's still quite small... We won't have an official weight till next week, but when we put her on our scale at the house, she's 9 pounds.

Developmentally, Sarah seems to be right on track. She smiles and laughs a lot (inherited from both me and Ted). She's fairly good at holding her head up and she can roll from her stomach to her back. She seems to recognize Ted and I, but she still doesn't say "excuse me" when she farts.

She's not sleeping through the night (wakes up about every 3 hours), but she is a pretty good sleeper in general at night. She goes back to sleep after feedings and we usually can sleep off and on from about 11pm - 8am. We still end up having her sleep with us in bed (she falls asleep nursing). Once she's asleep, I can usually move her to her pack n' play next to our bed.

This month I tried giving up dairy to see if it would help Sarah be less fussy. I think it has helped a little, but she still does cry a good amount. Ted was lactose intolerant as a baby and I was allergic to milk as a child so it's very likely that Sarah can't digest dairy products easily.

We took more pictures on the rocker with her "2" block. Of course you know she wasn't calm for the whole shoot, but we got some good shots.


Does this look familiar?


I used a hair dryer to keep her calm and also give her that "wind-blown" look!





Love this one with the grin!

3 comments:

  1. She's so beautiful! Be sure to post her actual weight when you get it. How crazy that she's 2 months and close to what Chloe was at birth! (But Chloe cant' roll over yet - too much pudge in the way!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, you crack me up and I love it! :) Sarah is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey - Sarah's official 2 month weight today was 9pds. 10oz. and she is 23 1/4 inches! :)

    ReplyDelete